Sunday, May 29, 2011

One Track Mind (To Make Money)

What kind of name is Uncle Samurai?
He says he's Black and Japanese. Hmmmm...I bet the women think that's exotic or somethin'. I don't really know. I'm blind. You would have to tell me. What I DO know is that Black and Japanese are two very different cultures to be swimmin around up in somebody's head for a life time. This cat must have a very unique perspective on life. Can you imagine being Black and Japanese...at the same time?! You can actually tell by the kind of music that comes out of his mind.
This song "One Track Mind" It's got a hard hittin' dancehall style beat underneath. Which the brothaz and sistaz are familiar with. And then the words are strategic and thoughtful and make you think about everything and everybody. But there aint a lot of words. And the topic is centered at the heart of American idealism. But not offensive. Which them Japanese folks are good at. You know...like them Haikus and stuff.
And...there aint one cuss word in the song. And I was bracin' my ear holes for some.

Hmmph...maybe this Uncle Samurai is alright...



(f)BLJ

No comments: