Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Freddie King!


Freddie Christian King. b. Sept 3rd 1934
Do you know who he is?
I do.
He wrote that Blues standard that EVERYBODY and their mama knows called " Hideaway "
I know you heard it, but just can't recall it in your mind like some of us can. It aint got no words. But the melody is timeless and unforgettable. Stevie Ray Vaughan's played it. Eric Clapton's done it. If I was alive I'd probably be playin' it right now!

Freddie "The Texas Cannonball" King has earned himself a place in the world of Blues among the best with these tasty blues riffs. If you got any time at all in this rat race world, I suggest you take a moment and listen to this man play.

Especially if you are a guitarist, like myself.
So Happy birthday Freddie!

Hmmm...I think I know where he hangs out, too. I heard he's on the South side of Netsville still playin the blues somethin' fierce! I think I'll take a web cab and go try and sit in on a jam session with the brothah...

Y'all take it easy now, ya hear?

Here is the Birthday boy playin' Hideaway :


And here is Stevie Ray's version
-link to SRV's Hideaway-

BLJ

No comments: